1. Create a gmail style Web 'Private Messaging' AND 'Group Chat' application.
'gmail style' means:
* New Messages Appear In the lower right
* Avilability of Minimize, Close, Pop-Out, and Pop-In Buttons
* Long-Standing Keep-Alive Requests for instant notification of new messages.
* Availabilty to Appear Offline
* Ability to 'Block' users from being able to chat with you
* Multiple Chats on the page allowed
* chats on bottom flash orange when a new message is received
* chat windows should stay open (or reopen) when the user goes to a new page
2. This must be integrated with [url removed, login to view], and use the existing login system.
3. The application must be light-weight, and able to load quickly.
4. The visual elements must be presented with CSS, and match [url removed, login to view]
5. By default the chat should not be visible. Only when the user receives a private message, a window should appear.
6. the application must really load quickly (per 3). It should load on every page of my current php site as the user browses.
7. the user must be able to create and join chat rooms
8. default group-chats (as set by admin) open for all users, and have the same controls as private chats, except they do not re-open when a new message is recieved if the user pressed [x]
9. Ability to have stationary public chat's that stay open in one place on the screen.
10. the user muse be able to initiate a private chat with any other user via the existing drop-down menu when you hover the mouse over a user name. The link should only be available if the user is logged in.
11. Messages should be logged to the mysql backend.
11. any messages sent while the user is off-line should be received the next time the user logs in.