I currently run a successful VBulletin chat site on a very limited subject matter. I'd like to build a new VBulletin site with greater subject diversity.
I need to find someone who is comfortable with VBulletin and knows how to write and/or install available hacks for it.
I also need to create a portal for the site perhaps using Joomla (but I'm open to other suggestions). The portal and Vbulletin will need to share a single database.
I'm familiar with configuring the standard VBulletin software once installed. However, I will need the following help to get the site started:
- graphic design to pick colors and templates for the site.
- VBulletin installation and set up with the following hacks:
- - Rather than me creating all the forums and sub forums, I want the users to be able to create the new forums. A user suggests a new forum or sub forum. It then creates a poll. If 20 or more people (I should be able to change that number in the Admin Panel) vote for the new forum/sub forum, it is automatically added. If a forum has not had a post in 30 days, it should automatically lock. Users will be able to read but not post in the forum. They can activate the forum by selecting "Activate This Forum" which would create a poll just like when the forum was first created. If a user tries to create a new forum which contains several key words in common with another forum, a dialogue box should tell them that there is a forum with similar words and ask if their new forum is different enough to start new. Users should also add "Tags" to new forums (see below)
- - "Like It" users should be able to click a button at the top of a thread to "Like It" or "Hate It". Threads with the most "Like It"s within a 48 hour period of time will display on the portal page as "Hot".
- - "Tags" users should be forced to add tags for all new threads. This will allow us to have an effective tag search for people who are looking for specific content. Therefore, the tags will need to be databased for each thread. If a thread has many tags in common with another forum, the user will get a dialogue suggesting that the thread should be posted to another forum. They will then be able to click "Yes" to move the thread to the suggested forum or "No" to keep it where it is.
-- "Multiple Poll" VBulletin already supports polls. However, I would like users to be able to add multiple polls to a single thread if they'd like. This will allow users to poll for things like Price, Quality, ambiance all at once instead of needing to start three separate threads.
- I do not have a set user interface planed for the portal at this time. I need help from the developer to suggest a package which will offer many Social Networking features and which can be tied to the user database of VBulletin. Open Source would be best, but a package with a reasonable fee would also be considered.
If you are interested, please submit a proposal for the work, suggested Portal/Social Networking software, along with the maximum number of hours the project will take and the Maximum fee you would charge.
I have a graphic designer on staff who will create the logo and can assist with any buttons or banners that you might need.