I would like to have [url removed, login to view] class converted from the Ruby/Rails ActiveRecord classes into a OOP based class on PHP5 code. It must be OOP, because I will have it extended in the future for additional gateways.
As time progresses I would like to get to a point where the PHPActiveMerchant is either in sync with the Ruby version or exceeds it.
- I want it to be OOP based -- basically the same way it is now using a Base object which is extended to have the specific functionality. Helper classes also. I can't stress this enough -- it MUST be Object Oriented, and AM has a pretty good class layout so before you diverge from how AM lays out its classes, helpers and functionality, you must ask.
- You do NOT need to use the money class. Money should be treated as a flat integer. (i.e. If I pass 1050 = $10.50, 1233 = Twelve dollars and thirty-three cents -- assuming in this case USD denomination)
- Their maybe other classes used in the ruby class (that I missed going over the code) that aren't needed in php-- as we don't have to make it "ruby-ish", ask and I will let you know. I want to allow it to be easily extended while maintaining the ease to create new gateways.
- The code will be release under the same MIT license meaning you can re-use it in your own future projects.
and Your name/company (and web link!) as the conversion author will be put into the readme/contributors documentation.
- Since the code will be released under the MIT license, all code must be your own. You should not need to use any external dependency except for CURL and/or XML extension calls.
- The conversion needs to be based on the current SVN version rather than the last official release 1.1.0
- I only _need_ some of the gateways converted, I want all the paypal/payflow methods, eway, paymentexpress, nochex and [url removed, login to view] in the first version. (If you think it wouldn't cost much more to add the rest of the supported gateways, then you may optionally quote the additional charge for that work in a message)
- Optionally if you would like to quote it, is adding Amazon and Google Checkout payment methods (neither are currently in the ActiveMerchant ruby based code)
- The paypal/payflow methods should be converted to use name-value-pairs api rather than xml/soap api. The NVP api is much cleaner to use and is still maintained. Prior version of the ruby code still used soap (I haven't checked to see if the SVN copy is still soap)