We have created a small application and we wish to distribute it. We need help to deploy the archive file. Let me give more details.
The setup of this application is done with the use of a php file that the client upload on his server. The steps are described below:
1) The client upload the web install script on his server
2) The client run it into his browser
3) The client insert FTP information
4) The script connect to the distrubution server using cURL
5) The distribution server transfers the archive to the client server
6) The distribution server is able to set any permission needed since it uses an FTP connection
We use a php class to FTP to the client server
Here is where we need help and work.
When we extract the file on the client server with the web install script, the owners of the files are all apache:apache since php runs under apache on our system but it might run under other users on clients system.
We need a correction to our script at the distribution server so the archive can be extracted on the client server respecting files ownership and this from using the ftp session opened by the distribution server.
A good example working is here [url removed, login to view]
Since it is possible to setup the files directly from this install script located on their server simply by entering ftp username and password. The script will transfer the archive and after unpack it.