Users will access one of several different quizzes from the intranet. They will be asked several ~ 5-10 multiple choice questions (2-5 answer choices). When done they click submit and view their results. Results will include itemized results including a correct/incorrect graphic (depending on whether they got the answer right) and a pargraph of descriptive text.
Users will not be able to retake the quiz, so a cookie will need to be written with their results. This cookie will need to be checked prior to displaying the quiz page. If they have already taken the quiz, their previous results will be shown.
If the user takes the test and scores 100%, they will be prompted to enter their name for recognition. When they enter their name, it will be written to a flat file (CSV or XML?). Along with their name needs to be written whichquiz they took and when they took it.
The flat file will be also used to populate a section of the quiz with people who have scored a perfect score. Quiz page must display a list of people who have scored a perfect score on that quiz.
The questions and answers should be stored in a XML file (or data island). New questons may be added and the underlying script should account for varying number of questions.
- Security is not a huge issue.
- It is acceptable that users may be able to retake a test by deleting cookies.
- QueryStrings should be avoided.
- server is IIS 5.0
- use FSO for data read/write and not ADO/ODBC
1) asp and xml/csv files capable of deploymet without major modification. (i.e. physical path name)
2) simple comments to illustrate what the script is doing and where it needs modification
IIS 5.0 on WIN2000