I need someone skilled at creating google mashups that can create a web-based app for us to split lists of addresses into smaller lists and then map the best route. The system will need to accomplish these steps:
1. Upload .csv file containing street addresses (these can be considered to be standardized prior to upload).
2. Prompt the user to complete some basic information including the number of smaller lists needed and the method of transportation - for example, walking vs driving.
3. Process the addresses either independently or through the use of a Google Maps-related service (maps, local, etc). If another alternative would work better, we will consider alternatives that work better for the user. An example would be if a site like Mapquest had a better API for calculating distances.
4. Output optimized lists of addresses including the best order. Include route information and directions between addresses as well as the appropriate google map for each segment. One "really nice to have" feature would be the ability to select different types of reporting output from wide-scale down to turn-by-turn maps and directions.
Other "really nice to have unless they are too expensive to create" features would be:
1. Offer a .csv file that the user can download of each optimized route.
2. Offer printable .pdf copies of each optimized list.