The restaurant web based software is to be designed as follows:
1. Orders: which will involve filling a pre-designed customer form. The calling customer will book a table (say for 4 people), all information willbe taken over the phone (and can be online) and the customer form will be filled in. Starter, main course for each individual in his group. Thesoftware accordingly will calculate supply needed for the kitchen at the end of the week for the week ahead. In case of the customer changes his mindabout say main course, a history of the first choice should be registered in the system.
2. Event List: Software will generate for the week ahead (or even thenight before) a list of parties for the restaurant staff and kitchen.
3. Menu Choices: Pre-defined menus for different events.
4. Place Cards: Will be used as reminder for what each customer ordered menu (starter, main course etc...). The card can be printed on a pre-defined layout the night before.
5. Invoicing: Customer will be asked to pay % of the total when booking and a letter should be send to the customer within 24hrs of booking detailing the booking.
The software should be written with the following requirements in mind:
1. Database system: To keep track of customers details, orders, etc...Can also be used for marketing and statistics.
2. Diary system: the software will be daily/weekly/monthly (similar to outlook) based and will be used for booking, history and events tracking.
3. Multi-user: more than one user should be able to use the system across the network.
4. Windows based system: SBS 2003 server with XP / Vista clients.
The final product should include installation notes and user manual.