Software required to allow easy transfer of data from one MS Windows Small Business Server 200x Standard Edition to another machine either of the same OS or newer.
The software would need to:
ON OLD MACHINE
1. Back up existing AD
2. Back up existing MS Exchange "Information Store"
3. Any other relevant data but not processor or hardware specific data (ie installed software, COM+ components etc)
4. Ask user where the backup data should go (CD, DVD or HDD) in file format.
ON NEW MACHINE
5. Ask user where restore data should be "read" from
6. Restore old AD
7. Restore and mount MS Exchange "Information Store"
8. Restore other relevant data.
Once rebooted, the new machine should be identical to the old one in the data it holds.
<[url removed, login to view]> has some informative articles that may help you. The idea is to develop the software to an "idiot proof" level to allow users to simply install the software and migrate from an older system/os/hardware to a new one. Bearing in mind most people who have Small Business Server cannot afford to either loose data, downtime or get expensive consultants to perform the migration for them.
The system will have to be thoroughly checked before the deliverables are uploaded to us as completed works.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Small Business Server 2000
Small Business Server 2003