We are working on a project for which we are looking for an experienced coldfusion programmer. The graphical design is almost finished and we are currently making a document with a detailed project description with a screen by screen walkthrough and a description of what we expect from website and the database. At this point we would like to see who is capable, available and interested.
the idea is to create an interactive website where the user has access to a number of different screens (eg "user registration") where data is stored in a database (preferably MySQL) and certain files are stored on the web server. For example: There is a page where a user can combine predefined sets of pictures into a sequence by "dragging and dropping" from a set of pictures onto a timeline. The result is an sequence that can be identified by a data string that eventually needs to be stored in the database. At a certain point it should possible for the user to upload images himself (so the file needs to be stored on the server).
the final result should be a visually stunning, yet simple and clear on 'how to use' website that creates a fun user experience, also by working flawless on recent webbrowsers (need to be defined). The information that is stored during the user-process (in the database + the files) needs to be accessible after the user has "saved" his session by a program that we are developing ourselves.
to give an idea about timing: The project should have a first version by 30th of june (with accessable database so we can continue the other side of the project) and should be 100% finalised by 20th of july. These deadlines are absolutely crucial in our project. In between we expect open communication and the option to ask questions and give feedback.
- are you interested in this project and is the timing feasible for you?
- Do you have experience in similar projects?
=> Could you please let us know if you are interested (asap but definitely) before 15 of june? Could you please send us some comparable references?
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you would have any questions or remarks.
Some extra (additional) questions:
- What is your normal hourly rate? Are you willing to make a fixed a price for this project (based on our detailed description when ready) and are you willing to commit to the timing?
- What type of framework would you use for this development?
- What type of database would you use?
- do you have your own coldfusion design server-environment and do you transfer to our server when completed or do we need to provide the hosting from the start?
- we have made the graphical design via the Adobe CS suite. how would you like us to deliver the graphical material (a complete psd file? sliced images combined with a css file? ... )