Please see [url removed, login to view] for a good idea of how I want the page to look.
I want to create a new website/community where people can download ROMs for nintendo DS. they actually won't be really downloading roms from my server though. the whole format (not design interface-wise) of the site will be kind of like digg.com. users can add links to rom downloads and vote on whether the already added rom links work or not.
my concerns (please read the project details before reading this or it may not make sense to you) -- i'm not sure if it is possible to limit someone from having access to a link, although i know it's possible if the link/download is on your own server.
**ADDING A ROM SECTION
- If the game name goes over 35 characters, it should stop at 35 and end with a "...".
- An "avoid duplicates system" like [url removed, login to view] like if a game download link or significant parts of the game name is already in the database. There should be an error message if the game download link is already in the database and related links if significant parts of the game name is already in the database
- ROM number and language can be optional
- There should be two types of members, one admin and one normal.
- admins can delete and edit ROMs
- normal members are only really for credit counting and that's all
- everytime they add a rom with more than three 'did this work for you' "yes", they can download a rom
**LIST OF ROMS SECTION
- anyone can downloaded one rom (per ip address), if they try to download another one, there should be an error and say "you have already used your 1 free rom credit, feel free to register and visit the faq on how to receive more".
- all those registered start with 5 download credits (they can download 5 roms and since the roms will not be hosted on the server, it'll be more like they have access to the link to 5 roms, but it's not access forever, after they click one link, that uses up one credit)
- anyone can click the "did this work for you: yes, no" even if theyre not logged in, but it shouldn't work if the person has already voted for the same rom, so there should be an ip address control thing
- ADMIN - the admin view is different that a normal member or guest. there should be an [x] and [-] next to each game name for admins. click [x] should delete the game (but please create a confirmation delete page e.g. 'are you sure you want to delete 'pokemon diamond''). [-] should take you to an edit page where the page will look like the 'add a rom section', but with all the boxes filled in with the game information
I don't have a lot of budget money for this project, but I really want my dream of a NDS ROM site without ads to come alive.