We plan on running a sweepstakes where people can win an mp3 player. Not Everyone can participate. To participate, users must place some links to websites of ours on their Myspace profile, regular website, or blog. When they place a link to one of our websites, they get a "credit". The more credits they have, the more chances they have to win the ipod. At the start of the next month, winner is randomly chosen by the script among eligible users. Script needs to allow users to register quickly, give them the links to place on their myspace/website/blog page, check what links are on their page (credit them accordingly), check the user's referrals, and choose a winner.
More details in the deliverables part. Any comment, suggestion, or question is welcome! Thank you.
get myspace users and blog/website owners to add links to a selection of sites of mine (I'll provde users with a list
of links that they can add to their website). The more links to different sites of ours they add, the more credits
they get, and the more chance they have to win an IPOD. They only get credit once for each website they link to: if
they link to [url removed, login to view] (a site part of our selection) 1 time or 100 times on the page, they still get just 1
each user shall get 1 credit per link on his page, 1 per search box, 2 if adding our myspace profile to his best
friends on Myspace, 2 for each of his friend that adds our links to his page. Script needs to track who signs up under
who. Any one user can get a maximum of 100 credits. Links/Credits shall be checked 5 times a month, at random days and
times. User agent should mimick a regular browser to prevent webmasters from knowing when their site is checked.
contestant will be given a list of links to use on his blog/website/myspace page. Anchor text of these links will be
chosen randomly from a list of anchor text that I have prepared.
choose winner randomly but based on credits. Users with more credits have more chance to win that those with less.
myspace user requirements:
- myspace user must have at least 30 friends to participate
- links must be located on main myspace page to count
- refered friend must also have 30 friends for credits to be applied
- profile must contain at least 800 characters over the original, empty version that users get when signing up on
Myspace. This is to avoid users creating new profiles, then just adding the links.
- simple signp: ask for email/ state&country (selection box), myspace URL or website URL
- use image verification to prevent bots from signing up
- prevent users from Puerto Rico, Guam, Quebec, ... (let me specify that in the admin) as they're not legally allowed
to take part in sweepstakes
- keep ip address used when signing up in profile (to prevent people from getting several accounts)
- allow user to enter its control panel (place where he finds links, ...) right after signing up. Auto-login him the
first time. Send him a confirmation email confirming his login info, and that contains a link he must click to
activate his account. If account is not activated within x days, it gets deleted.
- referal: make sure every referee only gives credit to 1 referer.
- if user lost his password, let him receive it again by giving his email address
- must be all CSS so that I can easily modify it without touching at the source code.
- auto selection of winner on 1st of every month. Let me select a new winner if the first winner cannot be contacted
or is not eligible. After I confirm it, email is sent to the winner.
- allow me to browse users, and their referals easily and edit all of their info, including credits if they're
cheating, delete their profile and/or ban them from winning, or apply a x recurring credits penalty on their account.
- let me see the leaders (the ones with most credits), and the ones who gained credits the most rapidly with a
specific time frame (x days, x weeks)...
- allow me to change any of the values above (ie. number of friends required for the credit to count, places not allowed to participate...)
- apache [url removed, login to view]
- supports cron jobs, .htaccess, GD
1) Complete, debugged and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
- Should work perfectly in IE & Firefox
- apache [url removed, login to view]
- server supports cron jobs, .htaccess, GD