We are looking for a development partner to help us build a PPC marketplace for our advertisers. We are a US based media company launching a website later this year and want to have an interface for advertisers to buy text advertising and be charged per click. The service is focused on a niche industry, with a few specific targeting requirements.
We have reviewed some options out there, good examples to review are:
[url removed, login to view]
[url removed, login to view]
and ofcourse google adwords and overture.
We particularly like the adbrite and kayak services for their simplicity and ease of use.
Critical modules that we are looking for:
1) Advertising copy management (manage multiple adverts per advertiser)
2) User registration and account information
3) Bid management functions to review traffic and expected click through rates
4) Targeting based on our specific criteria
5) Payment gateway integration and credit card authorization
6) Reporting (for clients and for ourselves)
7) Click fraud protection/management
8) Management interface to review advertisers, copy, performance
We do not except that all of these functions will be developed from scratch, particularly the payment gateway and potentially the reporting and anti-click fraud measures. We would expect a partner to either have built some of these before or work with other software developers to build the complete service. There are a number of software tools out there that could be incorporated to build the product. However, it is important that we own the code and have the flexibility to update the platform as we grow. We also need to own the relationship with the advertiser and do not want to be part of a larger network at this stage.
As we work to finalise the product requirements, we are interested in speaking to developers who have some experience of developing these types of applications.
We look forward to hearing from you!
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
To be determined