We are in need of a top notch database programmer to construct the core search engine for a new website that centers around free lookups of a public record database. The site is a free lookup of social security administration death records.
The site will NOT have an ecommerce component. The new site has an 8 GB database -- you will need to know how to work with a file of this size.
Our company is a small but successful web publisher and this project is seen as an introductory project to future projects. Building and maintaining a relationship with a quality web-publisher should be desired by you.
Therefore, we require the following qualifications be met with a view toward an ongoing professional relationship:
1. Programmer must be based in the U.S., with bonus points if in the Pacific time zone.
2. You have a minimum of two solid professional references who you delivered a database-intensive project for within the last year.
3. You can honor the quoted hourly rate for the next 12 months on future projects with a guaranteeed maximum rate hike of 10% after 12 months.
4. Programmer must have a minimum of 5 years fulltime experience as database programmer in .NET environment.
5. You are not a 9-5 employee elsewhere and are hoping to do this after hours and on the weekends. We require programmer availability during normal work hours.
If you meet all of these qualifications, please respond with your most competitive hourly rate quote and at least two database intensive websites you have worked on.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Please be proficient in .NET/C#/IIS/MS SQL. The project must be written in this framework.