I've just set up a blog on my site using blogger.com. I was playing around with Radio Userland and it had a great feature that I wanted to integrate with my Blogger blog: The "news aggregator".
I run a topical news site that, in addition my own posts, I like to post news stories that I see that are of interest.
But it's getting time consuming to do it all myself, so I'd like to have a simple script written that will email news stories into my blog (since blogger takes emailed posts).
The script should be able to read RSS, Atom, xml, etc. I give it the feeds to use, and then it will take one news story at random from the feeds and email it to my blog. I'd want to set the time interval for this to happen, and I'd want to have the option of having it list the latest item on each feed so I can pick it and have it sent instantly (just like the news aggregator on RU). I can give a screen shot to show how it should look.
Plus, since I might set up other blogs (my Dad wants to start doing blogging for his job I think), I'd want the option to have this program handle multiple blogs. I can get into more specifics with the person I choose, or once you bid.
Please only bid on this if you already have positive ratings here on RAC. I don't want this to be your first project.
BUT...this should also be a very quick, easy and fun project for the coder who knows what he (or she) is doing, so I look forward to using it right away. :)
Thanks - I look forward to getting your bid!
Update: One more thing I'd like to have included.
If several feeds are being used for a blog...I'd like to be able to set a keyword phrase for that blog, and then this script should search through the different feeds, find the most relevant article and email that article to the respective blog. It should also never post the same article twice.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows:
For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment. The Seller will also provide an installation package that will include detailed documentation for any future installations, in the event the server needs to be switched. The deliverables will include an "installation" program if needed.
3) The script should have documentation/notations within it, so that I could open it up and understand what is happening at each point in the process, as well as anyone else hired to modify the script in the future.
4) A succcessful working test of all aspects of the script must be completed.
5) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Ability to Email Posts Via Sendmail or SMTP (all settings done via web control panel)