The project requires creating a Flash based quiz which interacts with a backend database through php scripts which will perform the following functions:
1. authenticate users
2. register users
3. fetch user information on login
4. fetch the quiz questions for every game (subject to rules explained in gameplay)
5. update user's point tally at the end of the game (as per the scoring guidelines given below)
5. display the top 9 scorers in the scoreboard
The php scripts should return the required content (scores, questions, info etc) as XML which can be read by flash.
X+1 question will be picked at random from the database where X is the total no. of questions per quiz (as set in the control panel). The +1 question is to be kept as back up incase the user decides to swap a question.
The questions will all be multiple choice with 4 answer options and optionally a supporting image. After every question is answered the answer explanation for the same is shown. There will be a fixed time limit for each question.
Once a question is answered correctly by a user, the question should not re appear for that user unless ALL other questions have been answered correctly.
3 hints will be available to the user for every quiz:
1. 50:50 - removes two wrong answers
2. Free pass - awards full points and moves to the next question (the question is not marked as answered but the explanation is shown)
3. Swap - Swaps the question for another one and resets the time (the question is not marked as answered and the explanation is also not shown)
Correct answer : 100 points
Wrong answer : -50 points
Time bonus : 1 point for each second remaining
Hint bonus: 100 points for each unused hint
At the end of each game, the total score for each quiz will be added to the user's overall point tally.
The game will also feature a scoreboard to allow users to view the top 9 scorers based on their overall point tally
The following will be provided:
1. All game UI assets in flash with separate movie clips for each screen and dynamic text boxes as placeholders
2. All control panel screens with the complete HTML/CSS/JS
3. Server space with FTP access to host the project files
4. Database access (phpMyAdmin access is restricted but can be made available via remote access through teamviewer
What is expected off the worker:
1. High standard of coding with inline documentation for the front end as well as the backend
2. Deployment on the server
3. Troubleshooting / debugging if reqd.
Technologies to be used
1. Game front end : flash or flex (AS3)
2. Control panel backend: HTML/CSS/JS + PHP + MySql