PROJECT : Social networking website with live streaming, webcam recording and flash audio/video chat features.
We seek to hire a team of experts in social networking, live/on demand streaming and audio/video chat in order to develop our website. More precisely, the website is a clone of S T I C K AM dot C OM with additional features coming from M Y S P A C E dot C O M. The purpose of the website is to create a community of artists and talents, not simply a website for sharing video or music or photos.
Here are the main features :
* Classic community features : List of members, profile page per member involving, media (audio, video, image), blogs, friends, inbox messaging, bookmarks, playlist, personal calendar for live shows
* Live streaming per member
* Webcam recording and automatic upload of video assigned to the profile page
* Audio/Video Chat with room chat and private chat
* Instant messaging
* Media sharing : on-demand streaming for video and audio, sharing for pictures
* Publication of live shows entries created by members through a calendar in their profile page
* Contests : Contests are competitions created by website administrators where members join and collect votes from the audience
* Face offs : Face offs are duels created by members where the audience can vote for one party or the other
* Groups : members can create and join groups in order to share media (video, audio and images), communicate among members through messages and forum
* Events : members can create event entries in order to announce some events and venues
* Forum : Classic forum feature
* Some classic web 2.0 technical features : RSS, Hot tags, Multi-language,
Our technical requirements :
* The website must be developed and delivered with all working functionalities and also with the design that we foresee.
* As for any social network, the website must be scalable and developed in order to support a large amount of members, media files.
* The website must have an administration panel in order to manage all the features included in the script.
* This website most not rely on any external services (like audio/video chat for example) to be paid on a time basis or on a usage basis. It must be completely self contained with all scripts.
* We require that you provide us with some expertise and advice for determining the best hosting solution and fune tuning either the code or design or server settings to optimize the bandwidth.
* We require that, at the end of the project, All rights to the solution developed belong exclusively to us.
Our selection process :
* You must show us evidence that you have a strong experience in all technical areas of the project - social networking, live/on demand streaming and audio/video chat.
* Once we have reviewed all bids and estimated delivery dates, weâ€™ll select a few candidates in a short list and weâ€™ll contact each of the short-listed candidates in order to discuss about technical details and finalize the scope and price of the project with you.
We will send you a detailed functional specification of the website which we have written. In order to win the project, short-listed candidates must review that specification in detail and give us explanations about their approach / technical solutions for building the website, especially concerning the live streaming solution.
Payment terms :
We will pay by ESCROW after completion, upload and testing. We will pay according to the following milestones :
* 10 % at start of the project
* 20 % after completing the first 1/3 of the project
* 40 % after completing the second 1/3 of the project (at the end of this stage, we expect that the main functions of the website are developed : live streaming, audio / video chat, webcam recording, instant messaging, media sharing)
* 30 % after completing the third 1/3 of the project (at the end of this stage, we expect all functions to be developed and thoroughly debugged / tested). The job includes installation of the script on our sever and go live support in order when launching the website.
As you can understand, we require that we communicate with you on via instant messaging (yahoo, msn, skype or anyother IM system) on a very regular basis in order to follow and monitor the progress of the website. You must set up a demo server where we can have access and test the website as it is being developed.
Of course, if the project is successfully completed, we will provide other projects to our partner for adding new functionalities to the website.