I leading the effort of redeveloping a desktop application into a Macromedia Flex application. I am requesting somebody to build me a 2 page example flex application. This will help me learn the technology and evaluate the suitability for this project. Should it work out, both the technology and the outsourcing, we will be looking for assistance with significantly more work.
Please see below for more details.
The specifications are as follows:
1) The attached screen shot shows the main functionality requested. The top half of the screen should be a multi column list box. The list box shows the contents of a MySQL database. The database contains timeseries, or columns of financial return data.
2) Each time series has a number of attributes. The filters on the right hand side allow the user to restrict the list based on one more chosen filters. The list should automatically, and smoothly update when the filters are changed.
3) The contents of the drop down filters should be populating dynamically based on the contents of the database. ie: The country drop down should contain all of the countries found in the database.
3) When the user selects by double clicking on one of the timeseries on the top list box, it should be added to the bottom list box, and removed from the top list box.
4) The selections in the bottom list box can be re-ordered by selecting one, and then choosing the up or down button.
5) When the user presses the 'next' button (not included in the screenshot - pls add anywhere) the data for the chosen timeseries should be sent from the database to the client browser. The next form that is visible should display a grid, with one column for each selected timeseries, and one row for each row of data. The grid should be populate with the contents of each timeseries.
Parts 2 -5 should run without any page refreshs. The screen should seemlessly update.
6) The sample dataset will contain at least 120 rows of data for each timeseries, so your code and algorithms should be optimized to run as efficiently as possible.
7) It must be done with Macromedia Flex 2 - very important.
Notes: I will provide the mysql script to setup up the database . You should have a hosting environment to demonstrate your completed work. And also help me if required to get your script running on my hosting environment.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
It needs to run within a Windows Based Hosting Environment