I would like a POS system developed. Please read details and bid for complete [url removed, login to view] hourly rates. If working demo is shown, first preference. Also mention the exact duration you would take from date of commencement of the project. Must be available through messenger during project. If the project cost is less than or more than the range specified, do PM me.
Project is a book selling counter which buys books from vendors and sells them. Other than books there are some small items too.
1. Coding Language & Database: First preference would be given either for Flash & MSAccess/MySql or PHP and MySql.
2. Barcoding is a must.
3. Application Details
General master, having Counter Name, Address, Tel No,
1. Type Master: Type of material (Book, Item A, Item B, etc)
2. Supplier Master: Having details of suppliers like name tel phone no, email, contact person, etc
3. Item Master which would have a) Type of Material(dropdown) Description, item code is automatically generated. Give option like if Book then $#####(B00001) or $$####(Bk0001) etc.
4. Stock Master which would have Item Description as dropdown. Quantity(at start of program), Current Quantity(based on purchases/sales made) Reorder Levels, First time when program starts the current quantity needs to be entered.
5. Purchases: Item Description Dropdown , Quantity Purchased, MRP, Purchase Price, Calculate Discount Received, Selling Price (by default MRP or give option to select % profit or loss on Purchase Price), Purchased from (Supplier Master/ or if gifted then ?) Purchase Date Autogenerated
5. Once done the main Billing section entry form Autogenerate system date and time of sale
Autogenerate bill number + A option to leave some bills for later entry bcos sometimes it may happen that in case computer is not functioning then they manually give bills and entry is done later. So as soon as system starts they enter new bils, so allow adding bill number for such bills and create new starting point for new bills
a. Add new item to bill.
-> read barcode or manually enter item code. Automatically fill:
a Sr No. Item Description Selling Price Discounts Quantity Net Price
eg. 1. BK0001 Book Number One 100 5 3 285 and go to next item entry
Here Quantity by def should be one and after Item ID is entered user should automatically be taken to Quantity field ( if not if the user scans barcode twice it should automatically add quantity 2 rather than creating 2 entries for same material.
Sub Total: --------
Discounts: -------- (other than those mentioned above)
If the bill is confirmed, then option to print the bill.
Editing / deleting of bill should also be possible. But this only for authorised people.
Print barcode for selected items, all items, group of items or quantity(based on items in database. eg item a has 9 quantity then system generates 9 barcode labels, if item b has 2 system generates 2 barcode labels)Sale by date, sale by item, print individual bills, print bills on particular query like from date to date bills, sales for particular period, best sales (meaning maximum items sold to least report) similarly a reverse report worst sales means least sold items to max
You can also give suggestions other than those discussed above.
Thank you all for your time. Hope I have been as comprehensive in explaining. I hope I dont need to tell programmers about error checking, 0 bugs in program and such other things. The system must be made so that it is user friendly like in entry form on clicking enter or give button for next etc...