This application (SQS Receiver) will read messages from an SQS queue, spawn a new worker thread and process the next SQS message.
Each worker thread will execute a simple PHP script that creates an entry within the SimpleDB and then goes to sleep for 60 seconds.
To test the applicaion, you will need to provide a sample web page that creates SQS messages with a unique message ID, which in turn is processed by the SQS Receiver.
- will process messages until maximum number of worker has been reached (where maximum is a variable)
- once a worker thread is finished, the SQS receiver will process the next SQS message (if there is one available)
- SQS Receiver marks the SQS message as completed once the worker thread is finished
- Runs a PHP Script that creates the following entry in the SimpleDB: "Name->Message Id, Attribute->Proccessed/Current Date Time"
- The message itself contains 2 attributes: a unique ID and creation timestamp.
ECS2 Host, SimpleDB and SQS will be provided for you to work with.
- Python and Java (optional)
- Amazon Simple DB
- Amazon SQS
1) The deliverable includes a test page that demonstrates full application functionality (including a stress test that allows users to create up to 100 sample messages at once).
2) The code is easy to follow and documented well with comments
3) Worker thread that creates an entry in SimpleDB is written in PHP (the rest of the application could either by Java or PHP)
Upon project completion, you will hand off this Amazon EC2 host with the SQS Application application running on top of it.