I have a program that is about 95% ready to go. at this point it is just tweaks.
Here is some background.
It is a java program that was programmed using web start. It installs on windows and sits in the task tray.
When clicked on it opens a small search box. When a term is entered into the search box, it forwards the search term to a PHP program that will display search results etc.
There is a license interface programmed in. When someone installs the program they enter in a license key and it activates on our server.
It also checks for updates and installs the updates if there are any issues.
That is the back ground. Here is what I need a programmer to do, to finish up this project.
1. You will need to take all the java source files and compile the program from them. We have a runnable executable, but the source is in a bunch of folders right now.
2. Change the icon that shows in the task bar when the program installs
3. The PHP results page has a few bugs in it that will need fixed.
4. Document the process to compile the program
5. Fix any bugs that might come up
For Starters we need:
1. the program compiled, and runnable, which should be easy because the current executable installs fine for me, but my client gets an error
2. The PHP page issues worked out.
After that is done we can work out costs on future enhancements.
Here are some guidelines before bidding:
1. You need to speak English pretty well. It doesn't have to be your first language but we have to be able to communicate.
2. Be available by Phone or Skype or another voice / text enabled chatting
3. Answer any emails I send in a timely fashion.
4. Have some decent references I can verify
5. Have some patients.
We had a decent programmer working on the project, but our client had to take 6 months off and the programmer would not cooperate with us in getting the project finished. He was paid in full, but would not finish the project. It took him several months even to get us the source code.
So please only bid if you are an honest hard worker. Keep in mind this is going to be an awkward project at first because of having another programmer involved.
I am not sure how you should bid on this project. I imagine it would have to be hourly or at first a fee to evaluate the source code and give an estimate on how much it would take to get it up and running.