We need a customized auction script with the following features:
- all prices would be fixed and not increase with the bids. Similar to ebay's "Buy it Now" button. Users would have the option to bid the total amount of the auction or a portion of the total cost.
- As bids are made, the system will compute and display the "remaining cost" of the auction.
- for auctions with partial bids, when all the bids made total the "buy it now" price, the auction would be closed.
- integrated credit card processing. As a user bids a given amount of money, the system will process their credit card or checking account for the value bid.
- administrator access to auctions. The system should have the ability for adminstrators to choose if they want exclusive access to posting new auctions or if any registered user of the site can post auctions
- self-contained management script. The script must contain all necessary features and be embeddable into other sites. For example, a Joomla user could put the script into their site along with Wordpress, regular HTML and other CMS users.
- Site design and layout to conform with CSS standards. The script should be able to have it's interface and layout modified by industry-standard formatting standards. Therefore, if a user were to put the script into a site with a specific layout and color scheme, the adminstrator would be able to customize all features of the script to conform to the main site look/feel.
- Administrator access. The adminstrator of the site should have a dedicated administration page to view and modify any open auctions, closed auctions, users, etc.
- RSS feeds. Each auction should have it's own RSS feed displaying updated title and remaining price for all auctions.
The methods used to create this site are open to discussion. If anyone has experience with an open source package that can be modified to meet these needs we will be open to this possibility. The details of how the script works are far less important than IF it works. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask on the message board. Thanks!