I currently run a small company called Howtobewebsmart.com. I need a programmer to do the following specific task.
The project is basically this: I need someone who can build a search plug-in for Mozilla Firefox.
I would like someone to type search terms in the search plug-in, and then have that query run through the following four search engines found here: [url removed, login to view] I would like each results page to open in separate windows.
Ideally, if possible, I would like someone to input their query in the plug-in, the visitor actually be taken to the page above (for a moment), and then the four results windows to appear. Again, so the steps I require for the plug-in are:
1. A user downloads the plug-in
2. They type a query in the box (located in the upper right hand corner.
3. The users are taken to the following page: [url removed, login to view]
4. The query is input into each search box. Each search is run. It is important to note that the Shopzilla search opens in a NEW window, while every other search opens in the SAME window. Both the eBay and Amazon searches are iframes.
5. The end result is the user receives a separate results window from Shopzilla, [url removed, login to view], eBay and Amazon. All of the searches have been run through the boxes on [url removed, login to view]
Ideally, I don't want the code modified. Rather, I want the user's query in the mozilla plug-in to just be run through the searches on the page.