Please note before: Do not post your standard messages. I want messages only relevant to this project. Thanks in advance.
I need a php-java programmer/team who can complete a small portion of a game based project.
The game is multiplayer version of popular snake game. I have the single player version ready in form of applet. I also have the multiplayer applet and its java server counterpart ready in prototype stage. The game can be played in multiplayer form, but the java program has to be manually launched at the server. I need this to be done through php. There is no graphics work, just to make good working script with simple webpage layout. So its basically a small job for any experienced php/java progammer
Here is the complete flowchart of php work:
1) User comes to the site and click on link/button -"create multiplayer game".
2) On click the user is taken to a php page where he can enter parameters like game name, number of players (1-4), holes, speed etc. There parameters are already fixed. only the value is taken as input from the page. You can use lists or text box for same.
3) On click "submit" the java based game server program is launched with parameters taken from page and also a port number.
4) If port is free the game is launched otherwise game returns with a particular message, you have to read message and try again with another port number. Alternatively you can also keep a track of ports under use using some file.
5) If a game is started then a link is shown in "existing games" pages. You can also call them game rooms.
6) When a game is over or closed the link is removed from this page and if you are keeping a track of port numbers in use you have to update that also.
7) Our client is an applet. It takes parameter as port. So basically the link being created has to has the reference to the applet along with port number for that particular server port.
8) All existing games are shown in "existing games" page you can even set it be a section on same page.
The operating system is linux. We do not have any database and no info for user and game is stored. This is a fairly simple task for an experienced person. If you can do this I can forward you the java server program for completion, its still a prototype.