This is an interesting paid test project that I'm posting so that I can find a developer to work with in the future. Ideally the person should be proficient in Java and should also know PHP/MySQL very well - I may have other related work that's more web-related.
For the prototype: Skype plugin that allows to have a conversation on one of a few predefined topics that are selectable from a combo box. After the discussion is over (one of participants closes the window), the application should upload contents of the conversation to the server. For now it can be http upload, each conversation will be saved in the database.
Use Case 1 - Chat
Preconditions: Plugin is installed on user's computer
1. User right clicks contact, selects our application from the "Do more" menu
2. Our app pops up, user chooses one of the predefined topics and starts chatting.
3. User closes the application and system uploads log to the server.
In addition, I'd like to see a php script, that shows results of all uploads to the server.
1. Fast & easy installation - click on a link, download installer file and run it. (Should install the run-time, too, if needed.)
2. Easy adaptation for Mac platform (Mac version is out of scope)
3. Ability to support good looking GUI (e.g. Skype, Picasa, Shutterfly) in the future
4. Ability for the program to run in the system tray