I'm reworking a php/mysql greeting cards site which uses osCommerce engine here: [url removed, login to view]
They would like to have their users be able to customize the message to appear inside the card and see it online. They also want a similar process for customizing the envelope.
I suppose you would use php's GD Library to generate the image of text online and ajax to display/update the image within the page.
Here is the high level process for the card message:
- It should fit into a similar flow to the attached PDF of the envelope process, but is a little different in what is displayed.
- the verse is static and not to be changed by the customer
- the customer may enter a couple lines of name and company, to personalize
- the customer can change the font style and size of the copy they enter
- the customer will view the product image, the customized inside of the card as it will appear
- the customer will approve and move on to the checkout phase and envelope address
Once the images are approved by the user, they can pass it back into existing shopping cart for checkout. The images the user created online (or link to the saved image) should be passed along to the admin notification email and also with the user's receipt confirmation.
Here's a quote from the client about what they want:
Hi - Wanted to pass along a website to check out for its very easy to use on-screen personalization options. Please see [url removed, login to view], pick an envelope and then a quantity with 1 or more printing colors, then to design it online. We really like how they present the â€œSelect an Artwork Optionâ€ and â€œSelect Print Production Timeâ€ options, as well as the â€œChoose Fonts and Text Attributesâ€ steps. We need to have this for both the card and envelope personalization on our new site.
Is this something you can help with? If so, what else can I provide to you in order for you to get me a quote/timeline? I'm looking forward to your response and to getting started.
services at [url removed, login to view]