I need to integrate WHMCS with SimpleDNS and Smartermail email server.
All the communication between WHMCS and DNS and email server will be on local IP's.
Basically we would like to offer our customers DNS management and Web and Email forwarding through WHMCS.
1. SimpleDNS (i just made a copy of somebody else requirements)
When the user logs into their control panel they should have an option next to their domain to edit the DNS. When they click on that button it should check the name servers to see if we manage the domain & if so they should see their DNS records and be able to edit them. Here are the records I need them to be able to edit, add or delete:
It should be easy as possible to use and only allow users to enter records that work.
2. Email and Web forwarding.
WHMCS should connect for MySQL database (for web forwarding) or email server (for email forwarding) in order to check if anything has been setup in the past for this domain and print the output in relevant forms if applicable.
for email forwarding customer will be presented with a form where they will fill following options:
emailaddress @hisdomainname - domain name taken from WHMCS
emailaddress@forwardto (they will be able to type whole address into this box.)
After clicking "add" (or "update") link, the info will be saved into the database, and in the same time following should happen:
- DNS zone should be updated (or created) with MX and A record address of our Email server
- on the mail server - Mail Domain should be created or updated (if exists already) with new / updated mail aliases (not mailboxes).
for web forwarding:
Customer will be able to fill the forwarding URL and choose forwarding method (redirect or framed). After clicking update button following will happen:
- DNS zone should be updated (or created) with A record address of our web forwarding server
- MySQL database should be updated with following info:
forwarding method (1 or 2)
Our web server will take care of forwarding, so nothing else should be required for web forwarding
customer should be able to Enable / Disable web and email forwarding.
It needs to be as secure as possible.
I hope That is clear enough - please do not hesitate to ask if there are any additional questions.