1) If an user is not logged in then he/she will be able to enter a single URL at a time into a text box. In response the webserver will insert the URL into a database table and call a command-line utility (a script or program) to return an image and its scaled version (display in real time).
2) If an user is logged in then he/she can enter multiple URLs in a text box (up to a limit set by admin), insert (or try to) into a database table the URLs and invoke a command-line script to generate the images (2 per URL) and then return to an user a 7z archive with all the images for downloading.
3) We will set two milestones 90% of the bid for creating, debugging, deploying the page on our server and 10% for fixing any bugs which arise in the month post completion. Any other milestones will be automatically rejected.
4) This should not take any longer than a day, at most two.
5) Although we attempted to be thorough in this description we reserve the right to clarify the requirements. If you do not agree with our clarifications then you DO NOT have to either bid or accept the assignment if chosen.