I have been trying to self-teach myself web programing using open source scripting languages for some time now from books and YouTube videos etc. but they never cover the bits i require or when I make a mistake in the code etc., there is not often the support required to help me out or an explanation of how to avoid such issues or to achieve the same end result in a different way....the pros and cons etc...
i have a basic understanding of how code works and how websites are structured but some of the things i wish to achieve require some advanced programming....i am looking for people to train me in such areas.
To be a good and successful web designer, first I would like to know the following!
Where do I start?....the planning stage of a big Content management system....what do i work on first and why!....including issues that can arise if carried out in the wrong order etc..... is there a good or a recognised sequence of work that a professional would use?. What would he or she need to know before they begin the actual coding?
Once I have a good understanding of the above, I wish to go over some areas I have done/covered before but to arrange to have someone online at set times in order to ask questions, submit my work to etc. for debugging etc....Someone who can see if and when i am doing something wrong and can explain why....and how it can be avoided etc.
Because i wish for the training to be an on-going thing and I wish to get the best experience I can, I would like to get people who specialise in particular areas of my project when required....
It is hard to put a price on what i am asking so i am budgeting about £100 per month depending on what is offered and the quality of the content/training.
I will list some areas i wish to cover in an order that i feel would be most useful to me and I would then like people to let me know which of these areas they are bidding to help me with and to list what would be covered in their tutorials in what order, why it would be covered and using which scripting languages.... I require training that incorporates up to date, free scripting languages that will carry out operations as fast as possible...minimum slowdown/maximum affects.
I aim to build a website while doing this training so my requirements and needs will be updated as I progress through the tutorials/training.
The first things i wish to achieve are:
1. Know how to create a secure login and logout form that acts the same in multiple browsers (I know basics of how to create MySQL databases and tables so this training is not required)
2. Know how to set up/add a change password area and add it to site.
3. Know how to create an Add New User form where admin can set up new accounts for people and add it to site. Including:
- 1st name
- Middle name
4. Know how to create a View Users area with options to edit their details or delete them and add it to site.
5. Know how to set up the website to auto notify users that they have had an account set up by "xxxxxxxx"(whoever the administrator is). The email should include an auto generated username and password and a link that can be clicked on to verify their account.
6. Know how to write the code to check that the email address entered is valid (that it can receive notifications from the website).
7. Know how to write the code to make a "User Login" taking them to a "User Control Panel" area with links to "Personal Details", "Account Security" and a "Logout" button.
8. Know how to adapt the "Verify this email address" link contained in the auto email so that it auto logs the user in to the "User Control Panel “and prompts for the user to fill out their personal details and set up a new username and password.
9. Know how to set up an “Account Security" area incorporating a "Change Password" form and “Security question” + answers area.
10. Add a “Forgotten Password “link to the “User Login” form which when clicked on, asks for “Username or the email address this account is registered to” and then without refreshing page finds and displays your security question… if answered correctly or an option “I don’t have a security question” button is clicked, an email should be sent with new login details. A message should be displayed to notify the user that an email has been sent. If an unregistered email address is used, a notification message should inform the user… if the wrong answer is put into the box and submitted, a message should show informing of this and new login details should be sent for security reasons.
This is enough for now, please state in what you would cover from this in your bid and inform me of any other important area that I have not covered that should be covered at this stage in a project?
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
please view the following link for a checklist of this part of the project and more details!