I need a standalone module able to function offline. It needs to be able to accept a list of strings, (such as banana, orange, apple strawberries, etc), and also allow me to enter a frequency, in the format of _______ per minute. I need to be able to input a number in the space. Then, the program must be able to cycle randomly through the list of strings I inputted, and display one at a time. The string displayed would change according to the frequency listed. It would also be nice to have a pause, stop, and play button so that I can manipulate the program during operation. I would also want to be able to change the frequency during operation. Below is a detailed example that will describe how I envision the program working.
1. I double click an .exe of other file, which launches the program.
2. On the beginning screen, I list what ever words I want to list. In this example I list the following: Banana, apple, orange, grape, kiwi, honeydew, strawberry, mango. I need to be able to enter spaces within the words, such as "rotten apple".
3. I enter any frequency I want. In this case I enter a frequency of 30 per minute.
4. I click a confirmation button of some sort.
5. The program now randomly displays any string from the list I provided, and it does this at the frequency I specified. So for example, the program would do this: Banana, rotten apple, honeydew, grape, banana, orange, grape, mango, banana. It would only display one word at a time, and it would change the displayed word according to the frequency I specified.
6. While the program is in operation, it will continue indefinitely until I tell it other wise. On that same screen, there will be a pause button, a stop button (which takes me back to the initial screen to define my list and frequency), a play button, and a space to enter a new frequency that will take effect immediately.
7. Clicking pause will cause the program to pause. Clicking play will cause the program to resume. Clicking stop returns me to the initial screen so that I can redefine my list and and frequency. The space for entering a new frequency should be accompanied by a confirmation button that makes the new frequency take effect immediately, regardless of whether the program is paused or playing.
8. I can close the program by clicking a button on the screen, or by x-ing out of it in the top right corner (standard on a Window's).
9. A memory function would be nice. By this I mean, when I close the program, I should be able to re open it later, and be able to reuse my list and frequency, and edit my list. Than can be done anyway you chose. One idea might be a "save file" feature. I could browse for the save file using a button on the initial screen, and it will load my saved list and frequency. This method would obviously require a save button to save my list and frequency, as well as a button for me to enter the browse window so I can browse for my save file.
I am using Windows 7 64 bit (please make it able to function in 32 Bit), and I have 4 gigs of ram and a 2.3 GHz processor.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I would like to have this done as soon as possible.