Basically, we would like a site similar in functionality to Yahoo! Answers in that any registered user can post and answer questions, search those questions and answers, 'tag' a question, and then have the question be included in a tag/keyword cloud. Here are some of the following features we would like this site to have:
- Questions should also be organized into categories which can later be defined.
- All questions, answers, comments, tutorials, etc. should be flaggable. In other words, 'Flag this' should appear underneath each content item.
- User points system. Points are earned from posting questions, voting on them, responding to them, or 'moderating' them.
- User rank system. Ranks we can easily determine that are based upon the points the user has earned. Once they have earned a certain rank/level, we'd like the user to have an icon to the left of their name.
- User profile system. Allow users to edit their own profile, comment on other profiles, set privacy options for their own profile, etc.
- We'd also like users to be able to submit tutorials---so that would include an easy submission form with various fields like Tutorial name, date submitted, program, estimated duration, difficulty, etc. However, submissions should be moderated before they are published to the site by staff groups, so this ties in with the next list item.
- User permissions groups. We'd like to be able to manage our users and content, and there will be admins and moderators helping with that.
- User avatars should be available to upload, link to, or pick from within a site avatar gallery. The avatar should be seen throughout the site, whether it be from commenting on news items, answering or posting a question, or submitting a tutorial.
These are some of the main things we would like done in this project.
The keyword for this project is interactivity, and we'd like as much user interactivity as possible.