I'm a student with an assignment project is a community news website. Its aim is similar to a normal news website and that is to inform the users of news and events going on in the area of tottenham. The functionality that i want my website to be able to achieve is:
1) Apart from informing users of news events around the area,
2) Allow users to post news stories onto the website in a selected category.
3) Allow users to become members of the site by registering and being able to login or log out. And have different user levels i.e journalist, admin, editor, normal users
4) Allow users to edit and delete their profiles.
5) Allow administration to be able to modify the whole website if they choose. including other peoples profiles.
6) Before people /journalists can add stories or pictures, it has to be checked and approved by the editor or a even a system which has the capabilities to do this.
7) Allow users to comment on pictures and news stories.
8) A discussion forum where people can post topics and discuss them.
9) A part for people to post advertisements on the site.
10) Allow people to post/embed videos on the website. i.e youtube
11) A gallery section where photos are posted.
12) Allow for people/companies/community centres to post their event on the site and the site enables users to book to attend the event. E.g. in order to book a room at a community centre, users must be able to login to my site and be offered a link through my site to a page which will enable the user to book a room for that centre.
The backend has to be a simple system that allows me to do the above. No content mamangement systems such as Joomla, wordpress etc as I'm not allowed to use any them.
i will provide the template to be used and all that is needed to is a backend system. I will also provide the storyboards of how the different sections of the website should look like.
I need this done as soon as possible with a daily update so I know everything is being done as requested.