I am looking for a creative resource to restructure the design and content delivery of a large and quickly growing community resource website. This site has recently been featured on the cover of Newsweek, an ABC 20/20 special and many other major news organizations such as CNN and 60 Minutes. Sounds amazing, but the huge increase in traffic and membership has made it clear we need to improve. This site is a free resource, it does not generate a lot of revenue and is run out of personal funds.
I am looking for a person or team who needs some exposure for their business and can help me improve these areas:
- Overall template design : either start fresh or find one that works and optimize it
- Speed, speed speed! template must be as small and fast as possible without compromising functionality
- Navigation: need to find the right navigation strategy from public to registered view
- Content delivery: help me figure out how to display all this content and still keep the site simple
- User experience: design the landing page for home and the major feature sections to showcase the site features
I am looking for someone who has the creative ability to help me design this site, not just edit php code and CSS. We will pay a fair price, but as a non-profit are definitely hoping there are some folks out there who need to make a name for themselves and would like to participate in this project. Experience will be less important the demonstrated skill. English fluency and quick response time are a must.
If you think this is something you can take on, please contact me for the site URL. I will be asking for proposals with sketches showing some layout and navigation ideas to demonstrate skill.
Basic site technology base:
Hosted on a dedicated server
Joomla 1.7 (will upgrade to 2.5 when reasonable)
Site functional overview:
Profiles, friends, groups, etc. (JomSocial, Kunena, JS G-Kunena)
Member Stories (EasyBlog)
Learning Center with lots of articles (K2)
Ask Questions (EasyDiscuss)
Resource Directory (Mosets)