Plugins needed for Wordpress, Drupal, Blogspot, Joomla etc
We need a range of plugins, all doing the same basic function, for a number of blogs, CMS and article directory systems. From this project we will aim to hire three programmers to each do one such plugin. Whoever does the best job will then be hired to do more such projects. If the system does not have the facility to do a "plugin", then I need a stand-alone script that integrates with the system's database etc so as to achieve the same functionality.
Once one of these is done, adapting it to fit other systems should be fairly straightforward.
Here is what the plugins need to do:
1. Easy installation and activation. They should create a control panel in which the user can select several settings. One of these settings will be to "enable" the plugin.
2. Easy un-installation. When de-activated, the plugin should provide the option to fully undo any changes it made, eg it should undo any changes made to the database structure so that all traces of the plugin are fully removed. This should, however, be only an option. The other option is for the settings etc to remain so that if the plugin is re-activated, then the user doesn't have to go and re-do all the basic settings in the control panel.
3. When the plugin is "enabled" it will send a POST to my site, saying that it is ready to receive posts, along with a security token and details about the receiving site.
4. At periodic intervals my site will then make automated POSTs to the plugin. The plugin should receive this information and (provided the security token matches) use it to create a new author's account (if needed). The plugin will respond with a list of categories, to which my system will respond with an article. the plugin then adds the article as a post to the blog. One of the settings in the control panel will be to indicate if blogs are automatically approved for publication, or else the posts will be labelled as "Draft", in which case they will need manual approval.
5. Another control-panel option is for an email to be sent. i.e. when a new post is received, an email is sent to the blog owner, containing the post. In this email is an accept/reject link which, when clicked, will automatically approve and publish the post, or else delete it. The template used for this should be editable.
When bidding please indicate what blogs/CMS/article directory systems you are able to do.
I am happy to use escrow. However, since a half-finished project that does not work properly is of absolutely no use to me, I will not release payment until I see the plugin working properly, with full error-trapping and documentation. It needs to be idiot-proof to install and use.
If the project goes on beyond an agreed time frame, I reserve the right to cancel it and find someone else to do it. So please, bid only if you can do this AND can stick to a time frame.
Good communication is essential.
Copyright on the completed scripts will pass to me on full and final payment.