Seven months ago we posted a project for the creation of a French language site of artist portfolios. French artists can open an account, enter their contact info, description of their services and upload images of their works of art. This info then show up in a portfolio that looks like this: [url removed, login to view]
We started the project with a programmer on scriptlance. The project is still not completed and the script seems to be unstable. The site is live but has not been advertised yet so no "real" accounts have been created.
The site is here right now: [url removed, login to view]
Recently, we tried to create a test account ([url removed, login to view]). Some type of err_code=1 showed up and files on our server were deleted right after that. Our server was scanned for viruses but no viruses were found.
As a result, the latest changes were lost and need to be redone. Since we are not sure if our current programmer will complete the work, we would like to know what other programmers would quote us to complete the unfinished work:
1. Sign-up page: [url removed, login to view]
Users use this page to create an account. On sign-up, they must upload a picture to their account that will appear in portfolio search results. Needed change: on sign-up, the script should verify that the image is 200 Kb or less and show an error if it is more than 200 KB. All other pictures uploaded to the portfolios (in the user account) are verified except for this one, so I'm guessing the code necessary is already available.
2. People are not automatically logged off after a period of inactivity. Needed change: registered users should be logged off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
3. In the user account (I can send you the info for a test account), when people try to upload a picture with no pictures selected, it still says that the images have been uploaded. Needed change: When no images have been selected for upload, it should say "Please select an image from your computer" (French: Veuillez sélectionner une image sur votre ordinateur)
4. In the news section, there is an excerpt of each news but it stops abruptly. There should at least be this after the excerpt: ... >> (with link on the >>)
See the news section: [url removed, login to view]
5. Portfolios. When users update their portfolio profile (contact info, service description, specilizations, etc.), whenever they put an apostrophe, some \\\\ start appearing. Example: tes\'t.
6. In the users account, a button should be added so that the user can preview its own portfolio. Each portfolio has an id and username and some type of <?=$fetart['user_name']?> is needed in the link to preview the portfolio. Again login info to a test account can be provided.
7. Last but not least, we would need someone to verify in the script what could have caused the err_code=1 to show up.
Thanks in advance. Please explain why and how you could help us with the issues above, including the error code 1.