I'm trying to create a cobranding site for digital MP3 downloads. Current online record stores can sign up and get a link for a frame in their site (or a new template) where they can sell the MP3s in my database. Labels can sign up and add their MP3s. so over time, many stores will be selling the catalog of many labels. all from one database. For every MP3 sold ($3.00) there is a percentage split. $1 to the distributor (Me) $1 to the store, and $1 to the label. (all will be paid to me at first, through paypal, after which I will distribute royalties to the affiliates. sales reports will be available for stores and labels to keep an eye on how much they are earning... i made a mock html front-end here
[url removed, login to view] .
if you can use oscommerce or cre-loaded as the database admin back-end, that would be fine. something else or from scratch would be fine too. all ideas welcome.
Distributor - admin
Labels - manufacturers
Stores - affiliates
1) files are uploaded by each label
2) files are added to the database under that label's category
3) labels and stores get realtime sales reports
4) stores can login and generate a code to paste in their site. (background color and text color customization needed)
5) stores will get credit for sales, i will get payment.
6) encrypted links so each file can't be downloaded by knowing the location. (oscommerce already has this)