We had a developer on Scriptlance do a custom OSCommerce project that has a fair amount of custom editing and PHP coding that wasnt completed before payment release, and the program isnt fully working. We need their code fixed so the program will be complete.
[url removed, login to view]
1. The system is a charity based system. When an order is taken, the customer is able to choose a charity for a $5 fixed price donation to be made to. This price is not including in the order, it merely takes the information down so we can account for how much money needs to be given. (see the module Charity Tolls on the left). The purchaser pays full price for the product, the $5 is logged and displayed on the front end, and at intervals the company will view the charity tolls and contribute (from their account) to the charities, not doing anything with the OSCommerce order system. Again the charity tolls function is a log so we can see how much SHOULD GO TO THE CHARITIES.
The client has the option of adding new charities in the backend.
Currently, the system is only allocating the $5 per transaction to only one of the charities, and this totally messes up the system. We need this fixed so that any charity that is created in the backend is allocated the $5 dollars assigned to it in the order.
I am not a programmer, but can provide the database tables I have found for the allocation of funds and the page that the custom chooses for the funds.
2. The newsletter system for the OSCommerce system did not work as we had planned. So we installed a new system (SendStudio 2004) and made a specific page for it do go to once the order is completed. Details are as follows of what we need.
- Simply remove the newsletter option in the checkout process, and from the system/database. We will not use this, taking out your liability to fix any problems wrong with it (has not been removed yet)
- Once the order is completed, the system directs to the Tell-A-Friend page. I have removed the "BACK" button from the tell-a-friend page and replaced it with a "No Thanks!" link.
9. I have created the code for a newsletter signup page, which will be [url removed, login to view]
10. Two quick functions is what we need 1) in the order process, after checkout, it takes you to the tell-a-friend page. Please have a cookie or whatever variable is used in the order process retain the **email address used in the order process** through this page. Make both the "No Thanks!" link (it should skip any validation of the tell-a-friend form) and the "Continue" (after submit of the tell-a-friend page, validation for missed email addresses and require fields ok here) take the customer to orderletter.php. Make sure the cookie/variable passes the email address from the order to the [url removed, login to view] page. (Currently, the “No Thanks!” link is null/empty. It needs to direct to the [url removed, login to view] page while retaining the email. Also, if you click the “No Thanks!” link, it still tries to validate the Tell-A-Friend form)
- Pass the variable/cookie into the "Email Address" field of the [url removed, login to view] page, so that the Email Address is already filled in. (Variable email from order is not being passed)
That is the gist of the programming we need. Please ask any questions via message board or email to clarify if you need.
Also, escrow will not be used for this. PAYMENT WILL BE MADE UPON SUCESSFUL EDITING, COMPLETION AND TESTING, as we have been burned twice now releasing payment before everything was completed.
Successful programmer will be given a VERY POSITIVE review with chance for many future projects.