This is a for a paid membership based site. Users have the option to signup for a "trial" membership or a "full" membership.
I would like to implement a method so that trial members are able to access only a separate trial area, they will be unable to access the full members section. Also, trial members will be able to "upgrade" their membership to full, giving them access to the full area. However, this "upgrade" is a fake upgrade, no communication is made with any payment gateway.
Authentication will be using mysql database. The biller is able to post many details including "package id" to the database when a new user is added. The package id will let us know whether a member is trial or full.
The attachment [url removed, login to view] shows all the information being posted by the biller.
Attachment [url removed, login to view] shows the sample script provided by the biller which can be used to add/remove users to the database
A possible scenario will be
1) User signs up, transaction is successful and biller posts his details to the mysql database.
2) User proceeds to login page and is able to enter after his username/password are authenticated against mysql database
3) Php code on the page detects that user is a trial member and redirects him to trial page.
4) User decides to upgrade his mebership, proceeds to upgrade page. Upgrade page asks for his email address used when he signed up.
5) Script verifies that the email provided is the same as in the database, and flags him as a "full" user in the database.
6) User is now able to access the full members area
1) mysql script which will add remove passwords by receiving input from the biller. the attachment shows a sample script which we can use as is or modify it if needed
2) scripts/code to implement everything else