I'm in need of a script that will be used to dynamically display individual characters for a given font.
The brief for this project is essentially to replicate the functionality used here: [url removed, login to view]
Just to clarify, below are some of the key features:
* ttf font files will be stored on the server (linux).
* Attributes of the font are stored in a MySQl db. DbConn = MyFontConn, Db Name = MyFontDb, Table Name = MyFontTable Fields (e.g.): DisplayText = Geo Sans Light, FileName = GeoSansLight, etc
* the name of the font file should be passed in as variable ([url removed, login to view])
* the name of the page should reflect the name of the font - eg. [url removed, login to view]
* firstly --- by default, display the name of the font using the actual font that was passed in. User should be able to modify this with their own CustomText or CustomSize.
* secondly --- Display all upper case letters/characters applicable for that font. Each character should have a box around it (such as per the [url removed, login to view] example) and display the font letter and ascii equivalent directly above in a lighter shade/colour font.
* same as above, on a new line, all lower case letters/characters.
* same as above, on a new line, all numerals.
* same as above, on a new line, all special characters.
* Important - for each font, only display letters, numerals, special characters that are included in that font/character map.
Please note - the code should be clean, well commented and formatted. I do have some coding experience, so I'd like it such that the code is clean so that I can maintain it myself in the future.
Please post a working example to verify your solution is as per what is required and that you can deliver as per the Requirements listed above.
Any questions or further clarification required, please ask up front.