I currently run an eCommerce website that sells digitally downloadable products around the world. The website/script is completely custom built and is based on no pre-existing shopping cart or CMS platforms. The website was a collaborative process between myself and another high-level PHP developer.
The entire website is coded securely with strict object orientated coding practice applied. We avoided using the MVC design model and kept the code base clean, tidy and easy to manage. A strong focus was put on secure coding practices and optimization.
However due to lack of time and the forthcoming EU VAT legislation changes for digital product sales (coming in January 2015), I need to find a high-level/professional PHP/MySQL programmer with professional eCommerce exposure to customize the checkout process so that instead of having a "fixed rate" VAT (sales tax) the tax must be calculated at variable rate dependent on the countries that are set within the admin panel.
Most (if not all) this is data is already catered for within the website but the implementation needs modification to adapt to the new changes.
To explain the modifications further:
1. There should be a new “VAT/Sales Tax Management” section added to the admin panel, this will be very simple – you will select a country and then add the tax rate to a list. It should be possible to add and edit these vat rates, as they can change over the months and must be tracked manually due to this. The UI functionality and database functions used can be bootstrapped from the existing code base, making this relatively straight forward.
2. A new Billing / Delivery Address section should be added to the checkout page (this is a European legal implication). This should be positioned above the checkout section. This data will be saved and ‘refilled’ for when the next time the customer comes back to make a purchase (most of these fields are already in the user profile, so just a case of bringing them into the checkout page and making them a requirement).
3. Within the "VAT/Sales Tax Management" it should be possible to export the VAT reports for a specific date range (VAT reports are due quarterly and this will make it easy from a single panel).
Most of this data is already collected as part of the transaction management system and simply needs to be collected into a more manageable report.
4. The EU Vat Registration number must be verified using a SOAP call, information for this is available here ([url removed, login to view]).
4. Additional Fields Required in Transaction Export/Report: VAT Registration Number, Sales Tax/VAT Percentage, etc
5. There are a few small bugs related to MySQL queries that need to be fixed in conjunction with the above features (relational to the above).
Ultimately I am looking for a high-level PHP programmer with a solid understanding of eCommerce platforms, OOP, PayPal IPN and a good eye for clean design. Ideally you will have experience developing commercial plugins or adding features to pre-existing eCommerce platforms. You must be available to discuss this job on Skype and speak good English so we can discuss this in depth.
Additionally, being a programmer myself I will be keen to make sure you employ the right programming practices and maintain strictly to the pre-existing code base. I can also explain how everything is implemented to make it easier for you to add the features required.
Regarding the price, this is open to discussion. Realistically I don't see this job taking longer than 1-2 weeks with the right programmer.
34 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình £1318 cho công việc này
Hello, Can we have a small meeting on s*k*p ? we will discuss each and everything regarding your project , Quick reply will be appreciated , Let me know , Thanks p4provider
Hi, Thanks for your consideration, if you would like to discuss the project further do get in touch and I’ll give you a call. Thanks, Mark ([login to view URL])