We require a web scrapper to be written for for our group buying aggregator site www.enjoymentfresh.com. Our website compiles discounts, (daily deals) from over 20 other websites and puts them all on one page.
The scrapper should:
1. Go to a website, for example [url removed, login to view] and parse out all the urls for "deals" on that website, for every listed city. There may be more than one deal per city.
2. Download a webpage, for example, [url removed, login to view]
3. Using string manipulation and regular expressions, parse out specific fields of information from that webpage.
The fields are:
a. Price of the deal
b. title of the deal
c. description of the deal
d. business name of the deal provider
e. discount amount of the deal
f. location of the business that provides the deal
g. the URL of the deal page
h. download the picture for the deal resize it
4. Store the information fields in a SQL database in a specific formate.
You will be provided with a PHP library that has functions for downloading the webpage, and also functions that implement regular expression and string manupilation.
The main tasks are
1. building a script to parse out links to deals on a website. This script will be different for every website
2. parsing out the fields of information from the webpages downloaded. The parsing procedure will also be different for every website