PHP Website Database Project
We have an existing travel website that is made up of a mix of static pages and dynamically generated pages. The dynamic pages currently use a Perl script to query a MySQL database.
Site visitors can search in a number of ways.
Depending on what they search for, they either get sent to a static page or a database driven page which may also need to query [login to view URL] to get available rooms.
Essentially there are only 3 possible searches they can perform:
• Individual hotel
• Location based on latitude/longitude
These can be further modified by:
• Date range that rooms are required
• Total rooms required - each room must have number of adults. If there are children as well as adults then the number and ages of each child are required
• Other filters e.g. hotel rating, facilities, etc
• Sortable by various options e.g. star rating, distance, etc.
If the search query is simple, the program should redirect to an existing static page.
If it is not simple (e.g. location) but does not include dates then it should return results from our local database.
If the search query includes dates/number of rooms/etc then it should return results based on a [login to view URL] query but should also include any relevant properties from our current database that are not listed on [login to view URL]
We need you to:
• Create a simple HTML form (really basic!) for testing purposes - we can provide the base code but you'll need to modify it to work with your chosen parameter names. It will need to use our existing autosuggest data
• Use that form to query our database - note that whilst you can query the database, you will *not* be given control panel access to it. We can supply a copy for you to work with locally if you prefer.
• Case 1: redirect immediately to the relevant static page on our site
• Case 2 (if case 1 does not match any results): select and return correct data from our local database. Parse the results and return them using a template based system.
• Case 3 (if case 1 & case 2 do not match any results): query the [login to view URL] database, fetch the results in XML format, parse the results and place them into a template based system but including any relevant results from our local database. Results should be template based so that we can change the look & feel - we have several sites where we will be implementing this and the program will be installed on each site separately.
The [login to view URL] results are returned as an XML file - you will need to parse this and turn it into our desired format, potentially also including some data retrieved from our local database.
The [login to view URL] documentation is password protected - we can provide the winning coder with the relevant parts of the documentation.
This is an overview of the project - we want it written efficiently, probably in PHP.
This document is an overview - we don't want to get into lengthy "that wasn't in the spec" discussions but since next to no-one seems to read any additional documentation on this site, we'll clarify the project by private message if you have any other questions. Between us, we would expect to have worked out the final spec and the final price and the expected timescale before your bid is accepted.
We'll supply our existing database format, etc via private message.
We'll supply the URL of our existing site on request.
When the project is awarded, we can arrange for you to have a test area on our host but you will NOT be given full access to our site and you will NOT be given any control panel access.
Được trao cho:
Hi Good Day I can do these improvements to your site. Your requirements are clear and I dont find any big challenge. Looking forward to hear from you. Thanks Rinsad
52 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $1096 cho công việc này
Hi I work towards providing reliable, relevant and robust IT solutions at most competitive prices to my customers. I ensure 100% customer satisfaction so lets start Thanks
Hi We are very interested in this [login to view URL] can do that job in a normal [login to view URL] have great experience of preparing Complete Scope,Complete documentation,attractive design ,Webdevelopment,QA and then support for specific da Thêm