I need a script that will show me which and where my web ads are being listed at the time of my search.
I create and promote various "adult" ads for many sponsors on the internet. Once the ad is created, I will submit it to 1000+ different websites hoping that they will post it on their main page. I get a percent of the total sale amount if some random surfer decides to sign up for the product through my advertisement. Its all a numbers game with sales, so the more traffic (people) I can get to see my ads, the better my chances are at making a sale. And the main problem is that I have no idea who and where my ads are actually being posted. So if I had a way to monitor which and where my ads are being listed, this would help me tremendously. Not only in weeding out the sites from the database that never list my ads, but it will also save me an enormous amount of time. I normally visit each website manually, and search their source code hoping to find one of my ads listed. And this usually takes hours for me to do.
Heres a website I found which is 99.9% of what I'm looking for: [url removed, login to view]
- to see this script in action, type this domain into the search field: [url removed, login to view] (include the http://)
- don't worry about the 2 option boxes below the search field. (I actually won't need these options in my script)
- click the search button.
- now you will see the results of all the matches the script found from its database of sites.
-- the orange links are the websites from the database that are listing the ads from: [url removed, login to view]
-- below the orange links show the full path to the exact ad pages being listed at this very moment.
** If your wondering why I don't just use the example website above, trust me - I did. I used it on a daily basis until the owner stopped updating it. Half of the websites in its database don't even exist anymore.
I would like the new script to have the SAME functionality as the example above but with a few additional features:
- the script will be for my personal use only.
- I want to be able to login via user/pass through my browser in order to use the script.
- the database should be "empty" when I first receive it and I will populate it with all the websites myself.
- since I will be populating the database from scratch, I must be able to add, edit and delete any new or existing websites at any time.
- the script must provide "real time" results whenever its used.
- it doesn't need to be pretty, but it does need to be easy to use. (just like the example site from above)
- if its easier to "clone" the example site from above - then thats perfect.
- But I will still need the "additional features" that I have listed above.
- Ownership and copyright of script becomes mine on completion.