I am designing a corporate website and need a cms created for it. As I will be designing it your job will be to only create the actual content management system. You will be provided with the HTML/CSS templates that should be used throughout the site.
The front and and backend overview is as follows:
Introduction Text: One page text in front-end. Editable in admin section. In addition the front page will have two random testimonials selected from the DB, two random random products selected from the DB. And a list of the 10 latest company news entries.
- Mission Statement: One page text in front-end. Editable in admin section.
- Company News: One page listing of news titles and the dates they were posted, when clicked the full details are shown. News should be able to be added, edited, and removed in admin section.
- Press Release: Listing of press release title's and date posted, when clicked full details are shown. Press releases should be able to be added, edited, and removed in admin.
- Testimonials: One page listing of testimonials in front-end. Testimonials should include, the actual testimonial and the author. Should be able to add, edit and delete them in the admin section.
- Listing of all brands
- When a brand is clicked on the user is shown the categories that the brand has products in (Menu)
- When a category is clicked on product listing is shown
- When a product is clicked on the product details are shown. The product name, description and a link to the manufacturer should be shown, in addition a picture should be shown, if the picture is clicked a bigger version should be shown in a popup. Brands, Categories, Products should be able to the managed in the admin section.
4. Customer Care
- Contact Us: One page contact form, success page shown when form is submitted. The e-mail address where the form result is sent to should be able to be changed in the admin section.
- FAQ: One page listing of common questions, when clicked full details including the answers are shown. FAQ entries can be added, edited and deleted in the admin section.
- Product search: One page that has a search form, with Model no, UPC code, Name, and Brand for search fields.
- Downloads: One page that lists the categories below and all the downloads in those categories. Downloads can be added, edited and removed in the admin. Categories for the downloads should also be able to be added, removed and edited in the admin section.
- Where to buy: A list of all the states where retailers are, when clicked on a state the retailers for that state are shown. States and retailers can be added, edited and removed in the admin.
That is pretty much it. As I mentioned the design will be supplied, you are expected to separate the header and footer from the actual content pages so that we may be able to change the design later on. Use the message board if you have any questions. While minor changes may be made during the project if it creates more work for you we will be paying you for the additional work, I tried to make the description as detailed as possible so that you can give an accurate quote.