This is a school project simple task please assist for a friend of mine doing Web Solution Development.
He submitted his proposal based on a watch [url removed, login to view] appreciate comments in codings
1) Develop using PHP as the scripting language and MySql as the database.
2) At least 3 Categories of products/services and 3 product/service per category.
(Main 3 Categories would be Men's Watch, Women's Watch and Kid's Watch. Sub Categories [Men's Watch - Fossil, Rolex, Tag Heuer] [Women's Watches - Cartier, Gucci, DKNY] [Kid's Watches - Swatch, Casio, Nike]
These are fixed in database no need for admin page etc just insertion in databae.
3) Allow New user registration (Store info in database)
- Must check for Duplicate ID
4) User need to log in before ordering of product
- User database for authentication
- Return to login page if login fails
5) Allow user to add/modify/delete shopping cart items.
6) Transaction date must be captured in database
7) Shopping cart must be cleared after checkout. (No need to go payment gateway. After checkout go to confirm your order, Upon confirming order the info will be saved in database, after which will redirect to Thank you for your purchase page.)
8) Allow user to check previous completed transactions after re-login.
9) Products will be uploaded manually into database only need to guide us on how to indicate a product with the picture.
1) User MYISAM database table type
2) Create the required number of tables for your application at least 3 tables required
3) Use 'root' as the username and should have no password
1) Registration Page for new user
2) Login Page
3) Product services homepage
4) Product services selection page
5) Shopping cart/Transaction pages
6) Check out page
7) Summary of transaction page
Basically After registration (registration page should authenticate if username is already selected) should indicate thanks you for registering - goto login page, user inserts user name password check database if exist proceed to shopping cart. else display invalid login message.
This is a last minute project, we tried developing the scrip but screwed it up please help us asap preferably by today.