This is Mysql/php design work for an oscommerce store. The store sells all types of autoparts such as mirror, headlights, foglights, spark plugs...etc.
We are looking for is the ability to search based on make, model, and year
I have a domain set up as a test bed with the store duplicated so you don't have to test on the live site.
1. Create a table that will hold the Part Number, and the Make, Model, and Year. This would be a one to many in that one parts will fit a number of vehicles.
2. Modify the advanced search page in oscommerce to allow searches by make, model, year. There should be a sequential dropdown process of make, model year. The search fields must be protected against SQL injection attacks (although they will all probably be of a dropdown type)
3. The final product should be done in a way that does not require modifying the products table. IOW, it will have a seperate table that links to the product table.
4. some minimal back end capabilities to manage the table with the additional data. (we might be able to upload the additional info from a comma delimited file for the initial load. Back end capablilities would include (1) the ability to add, delete or change the additional items. a particular part number.(2) The ability to list the data in the custom table
5. The dropdown for Make/Model/Year would be sequential. ie the user would choose the make, then be shown all the applicable models, then when the model is chosen, they would be shown the applicable years (This could be changed around to year/make/model if that is more efficient)
6. This store is only using US-English so you do not have to account for other languages.
7. Modification to the advanced search app will be commented in a way that allows us to see where the code was modified from the standard OScommerce code (ie Mod begins here /mod ends here.)
8 The search will allow any combination of the existing OScommerce advanced search fields plus the custom fields we are adding.
To sum it up....all i want it a search with Make, Model and Year and then display what product categories are available for that specific vehicle. Just like [url removed, login to view]