I have recently copied a site across to a new server and want to fix some bugs and make some basic improvements to the site. I am looking for someone to help me on a continued basis – if you are good you will get a lot of business over the coming months. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!
You can see exactly what I need doing by reading the below list and simultaneously looking at the site on [url removed, login to view] using login admin/test. This is a ‘ghost’ replica of a live site. Please estimate the time taken to complete the below and make me your best bid. The winner will receive full access to this domain; i.e. SSH, FTP and also Plesk Control Panel. No server root access though. E.g. If you need me to change [url removed, login to view], TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
N.B: If you cannot complete the tasks for good reason we will settle at a lower final price. I will transfer to escrow once you are half-way through the tasks. I will NOT pay for copy/paste code. All code must be clearly commented. I will not deal with people who are not completely fluent in English. I will not accept an automated bid, only ones which are written individually for my project. Much of my time has been wasted by people who cannot complete a project, I will cancel a project if you disappear for 3 days without good reason and warning, even if you have completed 90% of the work. I want CLEAN code, which is intelligent and TIDY, code which improves on the speed of what is previously there. Ugly, inefficient, slow or copied code will mean you are not invited to do further work.
Here is what I need first;
1. Having transferred my site to a new server, I was experiencing various warnings about headers etc, and so have // those php lines out and replaced with extremely inefficient alternatives ( <html>) which are slowing the site down. I need these to be fixed across the site, so that the code used is NEAT, TIDY and FAST. I want a stable solution to this problem, preferably without editing php.ini. A good solution will not require editing of this file.
2. I have a charts page with various charts linked to the main database, this is riddled with errors. They need to be fixed (something simple no doubt).
3. One of the charts is “Top 10 Caption Contest Winners” which shows cumulated wins for the full history. I wish to have another chart “Top 10 Caption Contest Winners 2007” which has the extra condition that accumulation is only made for captions posted in 2007. I require the flexibility to change this to eg. last month, 2006, jan 2005 etc. Ie CLEAR CODE!!!
4. Please have these charts rearranged so that they appear not in a list but in a table side-by-side. The idea is to prevent the user from having to scroll too much. Feel free to change size and shape of charts to achieve this.
5. I have a caption history page which is bugging because for some bizarre reason the file names of the caption folder have been altered to [url removed, login to view] and these need to be renamed to [url removed, login to view] etc. There may be other errors here. Please fix/tidy what you find.
6. On [url removed, login to view] I wish to have a list which shows the last 5 members to have joined the site. This should be well presented below the current text, with a separate heading. The list will show the order 1-5, the 5 aliases and the dates they joined. I should be able to edit this easily to show the last 10, or the last 20 etc.
7. The timing on the website when you post a thread/pm is incorrect, it should show GMT. Please look at the code and make sure this is fixed and remove the horrible code which is currently in place! Pls apply to the whole site.
8. Currently when a user adds a new discussion, they simply enter text in [url removed, login to view] and press the ‘add’ button. They then enter the newly appeared discussion separately on [url removed, login to view] and add a thread. I wish to change this so that when a new discussion is added, the user adding this discussion is taken directly to [url removed, login to view] to write the first thread within that discussion. The database must be updated so that the first thread that will ever appear in a discussion will be from the author, i.e. the discussion will not appear on [url removed, login to view] unless the first thread within the discussion has been posted by the author. NOTE: On the website, ‘thread’ = discussion and ‘comment’ = thread.
9. User_id’s are unique to aliases. You can currently see an alias’ user_id in many parts of the website by viewing source. I wish to make it so that it is impossible to see a user_id in the source code, anywhere on the site.
10. In [url removed, login to view] I would like a form below the line “Start of your private messages” with a button and a text box into which a date can be written. If the button is submitted with a date then all pms to that user which were submitted BEFORE that date will be deleted. The text box should have a line of italic text above it explaining this briefly + the format (dd/mm/yyyy) to be used.
Can you do this? Then please bid with your best price. Thanks, and good luck bidding.