Perl or PHP
upload 1 or more CSVs that have the same column headers
(these files can be 1000 lines of data or more.)
1 - if multple files with the same headers, combine them into one file.
2 - select the order of header fields. including dropping some columns to make file smaller
3 - allow use of saved 'output profiles' of header configurations (headers in config are all present in files?).
SO I propose
1) upload file(s) into temp folder - with tempfilename(s)?
2) read header line (if there, else number them?)
3) verify if multiple files that headers match or NOT (column count if no header names)
4) have a method of selecting wanted columns and OUTPUT order of columns
5) cycle through files and create new file (temp?) and then output.
Also it would be necessary to
4b) save output profile to use again.
4c) select an output profile to use on the files
- if output profile is selected that is not possible due to columns missing, alert/make choose another
for php, perhaps this class would help?
[url removed, login to view]
Other wise for perl, perl allows reading through each line.
Then each line could be split to array.
new array could be put in the order & colummns that was selected
this can be appended to new file.
When done with all files, output this file and drop all temp files used.
I am a programmer too, so please bid reasonably :)