This project is based on DekiWiki. We will require six items to be completed.
1. Install Deki Wiki on our godaddy virtual dedicated server.
2. Develop the main page to show a portion of the most recently made or updated article on the main page, similar to wikipedia's “featured article”.
3. Use a news aggregator to display pertinent news in a section similar to wikipedia's “in the news” area.
4. Integrate Google adsense into dekiWiki so the admin has control on where ads are placed and cannot be removed by other wiki users. We would like to put ads on the right side of every page.
5. Integrate a star rating system. The admin will control which categories can have ratings and therefore the articles that can have ratings. Users can rate the article and leave comments. Overall ratings will be shown in the article and individual ratings will appear next to the user's comments.
6. (This may be an “out of the box” functionality) We have not been able to fully understand the functionality of dekiwiki but in order for our rating system to be successful and the organization of the wiki to be successful each page must have a category associated with it. If a category doesn't exist users can create categories or sub categories to add articles to. If a user decides to create an article in a category or sub category which allows ratings the default article page will have the “template” used for ratings so the user will not have to insert the star script into the article page. Therefore, browsing can be easily done through a category page and articles can be easily added to the categories.
Please quote this project but feel free to suggest alternatives that may achieve this functionality. We are looking for a cost effective solution so if there is an “off the shelf” solution we are unaware of please inform and the project may be changed to insure these criteria are meet in a cost effective manner. We chose dekiwiki over others due to its WYSIWYG interface for our users.
[url removed, login to view]