Hi everyone. New to the site and in a jam. I am looking for someone to work on a couple of backend tasks for a flash website. A little about me...My name is Steve Joseph and I'm an Art Director/Visual Designer currently freelancing in the Los Angeles area. I've been doing more interactive design recently and have been doing flash for a number of years now.
My client has a Filemaker DB for their various websites and needs to integrate it into 2 new Flash websites I've recently built for them. They would also like to create a search of their cars, case studies and client products which is all on one server, into 1 of these websites.
[url removed, login to view]
Someone else was contracted to do this work and is no longer responding to emails or phone calls nor has the site been worked on for over 2 weeks. I made the mistake of wiring the person 50% upfront, based only on his portfolio and a recommendation of a friend. I'm only fair and thought it was the right thing to do, but I question that now.
The needs are
a. integrate a Filemaker DB into 2 different flash websites. The websites are already built and just need to have the DB info pulled into 1. A Cars website and 2. The main website for the Case Studies section. This would also need to be done with some Lasso scripting.
b. implement a DB search into the main Flash site.
c. pull the case studies template into flash.
Skills needed to work on this project:
5. intermediate to advanced flash knowledge - I built the flash site and am available to help if your flash skills aren't that strong. Where I need to outsource really is for the backend where I am not that strong.
References to project:
1. [url removed, login to view] - whats been done so far by one person who looks like he cannot complete the job for some reason. He was paid 50% upfront and I believe he overcharged me and is no longer responding to emails or phone calls. The site has not been worked on in 2 weeks and my client is getting very frustrated and impatient. The only thing that has to be done with this site is pull the cars into the flash website exactly as this person has done.
2. [url removed, login to view]
- thats what the case studies section of the main site should look like.
3. [url removed, login to view] - what the person has started to do with case studies.....Which is pretty much nothing.
4. [url removed, login to view] - what the search should look like.
I have all the FTP information, project flash files etc that you will need on a test server already. My client has a Filemaker Pro/Lasso tech that can assist with questions and help as well.
Please help...I'm really in a tight situation here.