Sustainable & scalable solutions. (LAMP based solutions or PHP, Python, Ruby based Frameworks ready to deploy and customize: Django, Ruby on Rails...)
Mysql System: Our partner should provide system and technical support and development support for posterior phases of the project on a defined schedule and plan.
* Creation of a social platform with UGC.
Users also can interact with content created by others. We'll communicate the content type laterwards.
* 3 types of user profiles: - not logged in users = "visitors" can interact with the content: browse, read, comment, rank... - a visitor can "join/follow" a content = " subsrcriber" - logged in user = "creators" can create and manage THEIR content, profile, interact with their profile: create, edit, agroup, delete... - logged in + validated by system administrators = "specialists" who can rank (a different ranking than users' ranking), comment on content and also approach to content creator to make a suggestion about a content... This suggestion, if validated on admin side, might end up with transactions on the platform.
* Interestingness/hotness of a content is due to various factors like number of visitors, number of subscribers, number of comments received, ranking by visitors, number of positive/negative ranking done by specialists, recentness and/or manually pushed by site manager. (algorithm is to be agreed on to weigh the interestingness) Special indicator (thermometer) would be used to display interestingness status of a content.
* Categories, subcategories to classify content would be used. Tags/keywords would be created by content creators to add semantic value. * Site should display content according to interestingness, datetime, categories, tags, profiles and search queries. Browsing content enables any user to filter content dynamically.
* Users popularity would be recognized with special prizes like badges. (Foursquare style) (number of challenges fulfilled, number of people joined on his content...) and with displaying RT classification among creators.
* Register process would make use of FConnect + TwitterAuth etc authentication methods. Classical register process would also be used. Register process should involve some sort of steps that can be fulfilled on a long time span to make it easier to capture information in the beginning (nickname, email to start...) As the user decides to interact more with the site he would be asked the missing information which might be recognized as an achievement on his profile.
* Transactions might include payments, special code publishing, sending a message or providing other type of content. * There're some static content that would include articles generated by site manager. (like blogposts but as part of the platform)
* Subscribers would be alerted by email if the content that they've interacted changed status and a specialist decided to make a contact.
* Data related to profiles should be reachable through 3rd party services that we might use like email newsletter systems etc. * Backend administration screen to follow, create, modify content, profiles and capture information. All data/statistics should be exportable, being regarding a specific content or overall. * Site would be multilanguage.